Would you like to
- live the writerly life for two weeks, working on multiple pieces of writing?
- experience and plan for instruction that leads to clear, college-ready writing as described in the CCSS?
- design a series of lessons with a focus on argument writing?
- develop a model lesson to share with other teachers?
- plan for engaging, responsive professional development about academic writing?
The objective of the Institute is to build strategies and lessons to improve your own students’ academic writing and to prepare you to join the NWA Writing Project Teacher Consultant Corps. The TC Corp provides thought-filled professional development that supports the teaching of writing, with a current focus on the opinion/argumentative writing called for in the Common Core State Standards. NWA Writing Project Teacher Consultants are a professional network of teacher leaders who look to one another as resources. They are facilitators of professional learning, invested educators, reflective teachers, authentic writers, models of best practice, and continuous learners. If you are interested in nominating yourself or another exceptional teacher to participate in the 2017 NWA Invitational Summer Institute, please follow the link in the flyer to complete the application.